Cleveland University-Kansas City, located in Overland Park, KS, has is seeking candidates for the position of Clinical Educator to serve as a Clinician in our chiropractic Health Center as well as provide instruction within assigned coursework as needed. The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Serving as a mentor for clinic interns in clinical skills, proper documentation, and professional decorum.
- Understanding and clinical application of a dynamic, functional model of chiropractic assessment and adjustment.
- Understanding and clinical application of chiropractic adjustment , health promotion, disease prevention and appropriate rehabilitative care.
- Participating in on and off-campus clinical activities such as health fairs and spinal screenings.
- Keeping current with the scientific literature and applying it in clinical situations.
- Providing course management and instruction as needed.
- Dynamic presentation skills to engage student interests and learning.
- Ability to effectively and objectively evaluate student performance.
The ideal candidate should possess a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from an accredited chiropractic college and be either licensed or eligible to be licensed in good standing in the state of Kansas, possess 3 years of clinical experience, and have excellent technology skills. Individuals with bachelors’ degrees and postgraduate certifications in addition to the Doctor of Chiropractic degree and experience teaching in higher education are preferred. Interested candidates should submit the following: letter of interest, curriculum vitae, transcript copies, statement of chiropractic philosophy not to exceed 1 page, and contact information for 3 professional references. Equal Opportunity Employer
About Cleveland University-Kansas City
Cleveland University-Kansas City began as a chiropractic college in 1922, its roots planted by pioneers in the profession. The institution is proud to be recognized as one of the oldest nonprofit chiropractic colleges in the nation. Dr. Carl S. Cleveland III, president, a third-generation chiropractor, and the grandson of the founders, leads the University.